Who Should Attend This Course
SEO is especially crucial to entrepreneurs and SME business owners for increasing the business' visibility. By understanding how SEO works, you can personally work on your website to bring your SEO to new heights.
Marketing Managers / Executive
SEO is a value-adding knowledge for marketing professionals who needs to run SEO campaigns in-house or oversee campaigns by third-party SEO vendors.
Web Designers / Developers
No matter you are freelancer or in-house web designer and developer, knowing SEO will benefit you in optimizing web contents for a better ranking in search engine.
The SEO Expert
Ken made use of his photography and SEO (search engine optimization) skills to build up a children birthday party brand in Singapore. His birthday photography website has been consistently ranking #1 for birthday party photography related keywords for the past few years.
Ken currently runs a boutique digital marketing firm, Thinking Notes, that offers WordPress development and SEO services for his clients. Ken currently consult for more than 20 brands, each from different industry, ranging from medical to professional services, to accelerate their business growth through SEO.
Ranked 1st for Singapore Birthday party photographer
Ranked Top 3 for ROM photographer
Ranked Top 3 House moving/office moving Singapore
Ranked Top 3 for Chiropractor Singapore
Ranked Top 3 for Dating agency
NTU Ideas Inc 2012, Top Incubation Award, Top 6 Startups
Featured in Business Times, TNP, Lian He Wan Bao, Singapore Business Review, OMY, FM 93.8 LIVE, Tech In Asia and e27.
What You Need To Benefit From The Course
- Working knowledge of WordPress
- Good to have an existing business website (WordPress self-hosted) to work on
- A modern laptop
Introduction to SEO
This module serves to provide a basic introduction to digital marketing and SEO. By the end of this module, you should be able to understand when will you need to use SEO to market your business and do you even need SEO at all.
- What is SEO?
- What is SEM (Pay per Click)?
- What is the difference between SEO/SEM?
- Understanding the Information Seeking Behaviour of Consumers
- How is Social Media Marketing different from SEO/SEM?
- What are the benefits of good SEO?
- What factors contribute to god SEO?
- The Thinking Notes SEO War Model
What Keywords Do You Need to Target?
Now that you know that you should invest in SEO, you will need to first know what keywords should you be targeting. This module, you will get exposed to a variety of online SEO tools and you will use various techniques to identify keywords and choose your battlegrounds.
- What is keyword?
- Free Online SEO Tools
- Identify keywords by semantic words
- Identify keywords by competitor research
- Identify keywords by Google Suggest/Auto Complete
Planning the Information & Content Structure of Your Website
Your website needs to be very clear to Google about the type of value it offers. This module will educate you on how to properly plan your website and information structure on a high level strategic perspective. A properly planned website will provide a strong foundation for you to grow your organic rankings.
- Understanding battle & support pages (coined by Thinking Notes)
- Creating/submitting a sitemap of your website (Google Search Console)
- Understanding which content is not relevant and no-indexing them
- Creating meta title and descriptions
- Creating image alt information
- Create an internal linking strategy
- Understanding external links and when to use them
- Understanding different type of links
After clarity, comes trust. It is in Google’s interest to display the results of relevant and highly trusted websites first for search results. This module will touch on how to increase the perception of trust level of Google on your website.
- Improving Google Analytics Stats (Goals, Bounce Rate, Time Spent)
- Improving Click Through Rate
- What is Domain Authority?
- Improving Quality of Backlinks (Research, nofollow)
- Inserting Reviews
- Essential ATP Information That You thought are non-essential
- Local SEO (Google My Business)
Technical Website Optimisation
A website that provide the best experience for its’ readers will be likely to rank first. This modules will teaches you on how to do basic technical website optimisation tasks for performance and SEO.
- Page Loading Speed (Server Deployment, CDN, Image Optimisation)
- Mobile Optimisation
- AMP Pages
- Information Organisation
- 404 Pages Audit & Redirections
Ending off the course, you may have a lot of ideas on what to do next but you just need more help to get things going. This module seeks to empower you with resources that will help you to excel your initiatives to improve your website’s SEO.
- Local Business Directories and Linking Opportunities
- Freelance Resources
- Online Tools (Free & Paid)
- Content Writing
- Other Online Authority Resources to keep updated about SEO